One step ahead in financial disputes
In financial market disputes and business-critical financial regulatory issues, in-depth industry knowledge is fundamental.
Our financial services litigation team works hand-in-hand with our financial markets and banking lawyers, bringing together technical expertise in legal and regulatory issues with experience representing major industry players in their counterparty disputes and regulatory investigations.
Our team regularly represents financial services companies in some of Australia’s largest and most complex commercial and regulatory financial disputes, investigations, and class actions.
As our client, you can benefit from legal expertise in financial litigation that covers:
- Australian Securities and Investment Commission and Australian Prudential Regulation Authority investigations and proceedings
- Insider trading and Fraud
- Potential legislative breaches relating to credit, financial services and privacy
- Matters relating to bank fees class actions
- Investment management claims (mismanagement and contractual disputes)
- Alternative investment claims (private equity and hedge fund disputes)
- Mis-selling and breach of duty claims
- Structured finance and derivatives claims
- Custody, settlement, stock lending and clearing services disputes
- Equity issue disputes, debt disputes, shareholder disputes and activism
- Judicial review of supervisory and regulatory decisions
- Regulatory disclosure and transparency issues
- Position or information misuse by employees and related regulatory and compensation issues.
Show moreShow less
We have a successful track record advising international banks, hedge funds, private equity and investment funds, clearing houses and financial intermediaries.
"They are strategic, analytical, insightful, communicative, responsive and thorough, with great follow-through and delivery on outcomes."Chambers Asia Pacific