An innovative and pragmatic corporate legal advisor
Our strength as a corporate governance advisory law firm lies in our approach – our corporate practitioners are fully abreast of the developments that will affect our clients.
In Australia, our team combines expertise in corporate law, dispute resolution, tax, cyber security, financial regulation (including anti-money laundering), anti-bribery and corruption, modern slavery and investigations and inquiries to provide innovative and pragmatic solutions for boards, general counsel, senior executives and company secretaries.
We provide tailored solutions for all kinds of enterprises, from clients listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) to not-for-profit organisations.
Our corporate governance advisory expertise includes:
- Directors’ duties and responsibilities;
- Conflicts management;
- Continuous disclosure;
- Advice on board decisions;
- Responses to ASX and ASIC notices;
- Annual reports, including directors’ report, remuneration report and financial report;
- Shareholder meetings;
- Shareholder relations, including proxy adviser and activist shareholder response strategies;
- Constitution and board charters
- Corporate regulatory compliance systems;
- Remuneration and incentive plans;
- Securities trading;
- D&O and Deeds of Access, Indemnity and Insurance; and
- Company secretarial services.
Directions 2021: Your reform agenda
In the spirit of “never waste a good crisis”, our 2021 Directions survey, completed in April 2021, explored the views of directors and senior business leaders regarding their top reform priorities in key areas such as taxation and industrial relations, as well as “newer” issues such as vaccination policy and critical infrastructure.
In addition to our regular pulse-check on the top matters of concern, this report features the results from those reform-focussed questions, and includes insights from KWM experts on key regulatory reform issues, as Australia looks ahead to the “new normal”.
Read more >