Standout legal advice for labour and employment issues
As our client, you can benefit from expert advice on all areas of labour and employment law, including compliance with labour legislation, employment agreements and policies, executive remuneration, workforce restructuring, termination of employment and managing employee complaints and grievances. We assist our clients with both contentious and non-contentious matters with a focus on protecting our client’s interests and reputation. When disputes occur, our expertise in investigations and dispute resolution will allow us to achieve your commercial objectives (be that a confidential and cost effective resolution or an aggressive protection of your commercial position).
Commercial approach to the management of the employment relationship
Business, commercial and legal issues arise in the full lifecycle of the employment relationship – from recruitment right through to termination. Our team will guide you through the maze, tailoring solutions that dovetail to your business strategy and your people culture. You will be supported by an integrated team of specialists who will support you across all areas of the employment relationship.We have deep industry and sector knowledge that means our advice reflects not just market practice but your market.We take a pragmatic and results driven approach to industrial relations. We advise on the content of industrial agreements, the process of bargaining, interactions with unions, and avoiding and resolving industrial disputes. We can also help to optimise your workforce structure and employment arrangements to enhance productivity, reputation and your business outcomes.
We work with our blue chip clients to manage the corporate governance issues associated with the post GFC regulation of executive employees and their remuneration arrangements. We offer an integrated team of corporate, employment and tax experts to deliver best practice outcomes for our clients.
Our team are experts in managing the human capital aspects of corporate transactions and workforce integrations and our clients in this area trust us to deliver seamless outcomes.
We have strong public sector employment expertise advising both the Commonwealth and State Governments on employment issues and assistance private sector clients to navigate the complexities of government employment conditions when they are involved in asset privatisations or outsourcing transactions.
Show moreShow less
Our labour and employment lawyers in Australia advise on:
- Employment and consultancy agreements
- Employee incentive plans, executive remuneration and corporate governance relating to executive employees
- Performance management and termination of employment
- Workplace investigations and management of complaints and grievances relating to bullying, discrimination and harassment
- Industrial relations strategy, bargaining and disputes
- Employment disputes in all courts and tribunals including unfair dismissals, adverse action, discrimination/harassment and disputes to enforce restrictive covenants
- Managing workplace health and safety liability and providing legal support in the event of a workplace incident, accident or fatality
- Managing the influence and demands of other stakeholders such as regulators and trade unions
- Workplace information governance rules such as management of privacy and access to data
- Training management and staff on equal opportunities and sexual harassment awareness (including policies, implementation, and handling grievances and conflict resolution)
- Transfer of employment and business issues arising in corporate M&A transactions and restructuring.