Full-service legal advice on intellectual property for marketing and advertising
Are you a brand owner, media organisation or advertising agency? We can advise you on the systems and strategies you need to ensure regulatory compliance, to defend and pursue claims, and to minimise the risk of complaints or litigation.
Our full-service intellectual property (IP) capability extends to contracts and agreements, trade practices, consumer protection, direct, internet and mobile marketing, social media, branding, licensing, and promotions.
More than technical excellence
As a client, you benefit not only from our technical excellence but also from our strong relationships with regulators and specialised understanding of the unique regulatory requirements within certain sectors. These include fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG), beverages, telecommunications and media, financial services and pharmaceutical.
We work closely with you to help you avoid and resolve disputes. In the event of a dispute, we draw on our track record of running landmark cases involving passing off, misleading and deceptive conduct and infringement of IP rights.
Our advice on IP for marketing and advertising includes:
- All aspects of advertising and marketing law, from product innovation and development to promotions, packaging, copy review, advertising contracts, campaigns and celebrity endorsements
- All aspects of brand development, clearance, protection and exploitation in advertising and marketing, including copyright clearance
- Dealing with disputes arising from false or misleading claims in advertising campaigns
- Social media, advertising standards, Australian Consumer Law and ACCC issues, sponsorships, sports law and ambush marketing
- Cross-sector experience
- We act for advertising agencies, well known international consumer products companies, retailers, manufacturers, FMCG, luxury goods and pharmaceutical companies.