Alex is a partner in Sydney's private equity team. Alex’s has expertise across all aspects of transactional work for private equity sponsors, including private M&A, shareholders and JV agreements, management equity plans and other equity structuring matters as well as broad corporate advisory experience. Alex also provides advice on corporate governance arrangements, corporate compliance and other Corporations Act matters, ancillary documentation and joint venture arrangements.
Alex has acted for many of the preeminent Global and Australian private equity firms including KKR, Apollo, Affinity Private Equity, Blackstone, PAG, Denham Capital, Quadrant Private Equity and CHAMP.
Alex has been recognised as a leading lawyer for private equity in Australia by Chambers Global since 2012. Alex has a reputation in the Australian market for winning her clients’ trust and is regarded as a strong deal executor and deal negotiator. Clients have described Alex as “dedicated and outstanding”, “very smart, can get to grips with complex issues very quickly, explain them simply and give very good advice.", and "a fantastic lawyer who knows our business inside out". She is known for her ability to navigate challenging transactions to a successful outcome, with another client adding "She's very calm and level-headed in tough situations."
- OPTrust: Capital raise and sale of minority stake in Kinetic Group
- Quadrant: Sale of Qscan
- Affinity Equity Partners: Exit of 35% stake in Virgin Velocity Frequent Flyer program
- Affinity Equity Partners: Exit of TEG (Ticketek)
- OPTrust and Infrastructure Capital Group: Acquisition of Zenith Energy
- OPTrust: Acquisition of Transit Australia Group
- Apollo: Acquisition of BCG Centre
- Blackstone: Sale of DCI Data Centres
- Brookfield: Acquisition of Healthscope Limited by scheme of arrangement
- OPTrust: Bid for Pacific Energy
- OPTrust: Acquisition of minority interests in AATS/Skybus
- Apollo: Hurstville shopping centre in joint venture
- Quadrant Private Equity/Journey Beyond: Acquisitions of Great Southern Railways, Cruise Whitsundays, Rottnest Express, Eureka 89, Horizontal Falls Seaplanes and Outback Spirit Tours
- Affinity Equity Partners: Acquisition of Scottish Pacific
- Quadrant Private Equity: Acquisition of FTZ
- KKR: Acquisition of the Pepper Group by scheme of arrangement
- KKR: Acquisition of the Dixon Hospitality Group
- Denham Capital: Establishment of coal and other mining investments, including Pembroke Resources
- Quadrant: Acquisition of Qscan and NCR radiology
- Quadrant Private Equity: Acquisition of Junior Adventures Group
- Affinity Equity Partners: Joint venture of the Virgin Velocity Frequent Flyer program
- Quadrant Private Equity/Urban Purveyor Group: Acquisition of the Rockpool Group
- Quadrant Private Equity: Advising Quadrant Private Equity and the other shareholders of Icon Cancer Care on the sale to a consortium comprising Goldman Sachs, QIC and Pagoda.
- Quadrant Private Equity/Icon Cancer Care: 13 acquisitions, China joint ventures and its partnering agreement with Healthscope
- Quadrant Private Equity: Acquisitions of Goodlife Gyms and Fitness First
- Quadrant Private Equity: Acquisition of Urban Purveyor Group
- Quadrant Private Equity: IPO of Virtus Health
- KKR: Investment in Sundrop Farms.
- Quadrant Private Equity: Acquisitions of Estia Health, Padman aged care group and Cook Care aged care group
- KKR: Bids for Perpetual Limited, Healthscope, MYOB, Treasury Wines and SAI Global
- Ironbridge Capital: Recapitalisation of Bravura Solutions Limited
- CHAMP: Acquisition, in a consortium with Castle Harlan and Lime Rock, of the shallow water drilling assets of Transocean
- KKR: Sale its stake in Seven Media Group to West Australian Newspapers Holdings Limited
- Band 3 in Chambers & Partners (2021): Private Equity, Australia
- Best Lawyers in Australia 2020: Private Equity Law, Corporate Law and M&A Law