Carl advises public and private sector clients on complex transactions across the real estate, liquor and hospitality industries.
Carl has extensive experience advising on the different stages of a project life cycle, from the establishment of the development entity and preparation of terms sheets, achieving required pre-commitments, project financing and building arrangements, land acquisition, development management agreements, asset management and marketing agreements, plus the preparation and negotiation of pro forma and customised lease and sales agreements.
Carl manages portfolios for large property developers and asset owners. This includes providing strategic advice as well as transactional support and day to day operational assistance.
Carl has extensive experience in liquor licensing and hospitality lead mixed use projects.
- Brookfield: negotiating the anchor tenant Agreements for Lease and Lease, Sale Agreement and Project Development Agreements novation for the development of the first commercial office tower at Elizabeth Quay in Perth.
- Woolworths: Carl led the preparation of an application in the Northern Territory for the development of the first Dan Murphy’s store. The application resulted in changes being made to the NT Liquor Act following a Federal Court action brought by the applicant.
- Far East Consortium: assisting FEC with the negotiation of the Project Development Agreement for the development of Lots 3B, 6 and 7 of Perth City Link. The matter involved resolving complex titling and project delivery matters plus configuring the documents to support lending to deliver the projects.
- Far East Consortium: producing sale contracts, disclosure and management documents for the 304 apartment Perth Hub development and facilitating qualifying pre sales. The matter involved resolving pre-release matters with regulators and approval authorities, management of FIRB issues along with complex titling, future lot and strata disclosures.
- Intercontinental Perth: undertaking operator selection process and agreeing terms of reference for replacement operator, negotiating the hotel management agreement with the successful proponent, negotiating consultancy contracts for $80m refurbishment of hotel and providing operational support for hotel redevelopment.
- Yagan Square: assisting the Metropolitan Redevelopment Authority with the development of licensing strategy and suites of leasing documents plus the negotiation of all occupation documents for 23 tenancies.
- Campus Perth: assisting the development managers in the delivery of one of Perth’s first purpose built student accommodation projects delivering 726 beds to the market place.