Jamie Wells is a Partner in the King & Wood Mallesons Employee Relations & Safety Group. Jamie deals with all employment and industrial relations issues, including:
- Enterprise bargaining and industrial disputes
- Discrimination, harassment, and bullying
- Unfair termination and General Protections claims
- Employment contracts and policies
- Executive employment issues, including statutory compliance
- Employer superannuation obligations
- Confidentiality and restraints
- Work health and safety
- Performance management and termination of employment
- Fair Work compliance
- Business sale, restructure, and outsourcing
- Insolvency-related employment issues.
According to Chambers Asia, Jamie is “a very responsive, knowledgeable and experienced practitioner who is extremely pragmatic and commercially focused”, and "his industrial relations expertise is a real strength."
Show moreShow less
- Toll Transport: acted for Toll in various Fair Work disputes, including in relation to organisational change, restructuring of fleets, and the allocation of hours.
- Cross River Rail Delivery Authority: advising generally in relation to employment and industrial relations issues, including during the project procurement phase involving Building Code compliance and greenfields agreements.
- Bombardier Transport Australia: appeared for Bombardier in a successful scope dispute and advised on related enterprise bargaining negotiations involving protected action and pickets.
- Aurizon: acting in Federal Court adverse action proceedings relating to the suspension and discipline of a driver, based on his union status and safety role.
- Tyro Payments: acting in Federal Court proceedings involving a claim of adverse action based on the termination of a former employee.
- CleanCo: acting on the establishment of the State’s green generation corporation, including in relation to its transition of employees from existing generators, and the industrial relations strategy.
- Mt Arthur class action: representing BHP in two class action proceedings concerning labour hire employees at Mt Arthur coal mine.
- Bank of Queensland: acting for BOQ in various unfair dismissal, general protections, and discrimination claim.
- Destination Brisbane: advising on employment and industrial relations issues arising out of the Queens Wharf development.
- Aurelia Metals: acted for Aurelia on relocation of its head office to Brisbane, including necessary restructuring steps relating to senior management.
- Unitywater: acted in protracted bargaining negotiations with multiple union parties, involving good faith bargaining and scope disputes, leading to the successful negotiations and approval of separate enterprise agreements.
- Queensland Urban Utilities: advised on union coverage issues affecting rights of entry and enterprise bargaining, leading to the successful exclusion of an uninterested union.
- Gladstone Ports Corporation: appeared for GPC in successful Fair Work proceedings relating to the resolution of a dispute over enterprise agreement entitlements.
- Queensland Treasury Corporation: acted on the State’s electricity merger project, merging ENERGEX and Ergon Energy into Energy Queensland (Australasian Law Awards Energy & Resources Deal of the Year).
- CSIRO: acted in the successful defence of a high profile general protections claim made by a former employee, involving a four week Federal Court trial.
- Darwin Port: advised Landbridge during the acquisition of its interest in the Port of Darwin.