Jennifer McCosker is Special Counsel in the Sydney office of King and Wood Mallesons where she specialises in international property finance, property and infrastructure development, commercial and residential acquisitions and developments, joint venture structuring and debt issues. Jennifer’s experience also includes working on international Islamic finance matters, leveraging Jennifer’s interest in advising clients in this emerging part of the Australian market.
Jennifer also works closely with members of the Finance and M&A teams on advising on property related issues in other transactions.
Jennifer qualified and practised in New York prior to moving to Australia. During this period she worked for eight years in the Real Estate division of Skadden Arps Slate Meagher & Flom where she represented developers, lenders and borrowers in development, leasing and financing transactions.
Property Finance and Islamic Finance
- Walker Group on the $1.05 billion syndicated facility for Walker Group's commercial office buildings at the Collins Square precinct in Melbourne, over $1 billion in syndicated facilities for the development of the Walker Group's commercial office towers at Parramatta Square and a $250 million syndicated facility agreement with Credit Suisse.
- PAG Asia Capital (HK) Limited in connection with the provision of senior secured facilities, mezzanine facilities and bank guarantee facilities totalling over $900 million.
- Fortress in connection with the provision of mezzanine facilities.
- TH Properties Sdn Bhd on its murabaha financing of certain residential development projects in Wentworth Point, Lidcombe and Rockdale, New South Wales.
- Piety Investments on various purchaser side murabaha financing matters in New South Wales.
- Australand Property Group on A$550 million Syndicated Unsecured Facility.
- Australand Residential Trust on a refinancing A$130 million for 8 projects in NSW, Queensland, Victoria and Western Australia.
- JPMorgan Global Special Opportunities Group/Morgan Stanley financing of 25 retirement villages via A$228 million mezzanine facility and A$20 million convertible facility and subsequent exit on sale of Retire Australia business to H.R.L Morrison & Co.
Property Projects and Development
- Walker Group in its acquisition and development of Stages 3, 4, 6 and 8 of the $3.2 billion Parramatta Square development.
- Walker Group in the acquisition and disposal of various assets totalling over $300 million.
- Australand Property Group in its establishment of a logistics joint venture with the Government of Singapore Investment Corporation that plans to build an investment portfolio of $450 million.
- Transport for NSW on property aspects of the Northern Beaches Bus Line Project.
- Juris Doctor and Bachelor of Arts
- Admitted to First Department Appellate Division New York 2003
- Admitted in New South Wales