Energy, Resources and Projects
- Advised EIB and multilateral financiers in relation to the financing and construction by the Egyptian Refining Company of a US$3.7 billion second-stage oil refinery in the Greater Cairo Area
- Advised the Department for Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform (now the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills) in relation to HM Government's new nuclear decommissioning and waste management legislation and advised the Department for Energy and Climate Change on related nuclear waste management and disposal contractual and financing arrangements
- Advised INEOS Group Limited on a complex long term arrangement with Morgan Stanley Commodities Group pursuant to which MSCG provides a broad range of commodity services to INEOS to support its refinery operations in Grangemouth, Scotland and Lavéra, France
- Advised INEOS Europe Limited in relation to the Grangemouth Dispute - relating to various material hydrocarbon contracts that were affected by industrial action at the Grangemouth Refinery
- Advised AES in relation to the project financing of five solar farms in Spain.
- Advised Svenska Petroleum Exploration AB in relation to the establishment of borrowing base facilities (US$400 million) in respect of certain oil projects
- Advised INEOS Europe Limited and subsidiaries in relation to precious metals sale and leasing arrangements
- Advised INEOS Europe Limited and subsidiaries in relation to naphtha sale and purchase arrangements with BP
- Advised INEOS Europe Limited and subsidiaries in relation changes to hydrocarbon sale and purchase arrangements as amongst INEOS, BP and Morgan Stanley.
Restructuring and refinancing
- Advised HM Treasury in relation to the £282 billion asset protection scheme (the team won the 2010 Legal Business Awards Banking/Restructuring Team of the Year)
- Advised CEMEX, S.A.B. de C.V. in relation to the restructuring of US$15 billion of bank and private placement note debt
- Advised Taylor Wimpey plc on refinancing of debt facilities (bank, private placement notes and public bonds) (approximately £1.8 billion) and corporate restructuring.
- Advised Akzo Nobel in relation to the £9.2 billion financing of its acquisition of Imperial Chemical Industries plc
- Advised Taylor Woodrow plc (as it then was, now Taylor Wimpey plc) in relation to the £1.65 billion financing of its acquisition of George Wimpey plc
- Advised Inchcape plc in relation to the £325 million financing of its acquisition of European Motor Holdings plc
- Advised INEOS Capital in relation to the EUR675 million financing of INEOS Norway SPV's acquisition of Kerling AS
- Advised Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Limited, Westpac Banking Corporation and Citibank N.A., Sydney Branch on the acquisition financing provided to Navitas Limited in relation to its $300 million purchase of SAE Institute
- General Corporate Financing and Corporate Work
- Advised BBA Aviation on its US$900 million multicurrency revolving credit facility.
- 2013 - Present: Partner: King & Wood Mallesons
- 2012 - 2013: Senior Associate: King & Wood Mallesons, Perth
- 2010 - 2011: Senior Associate, Mallesons Stephen Jaques, Perth
- 2006 - 2010: Associate, Slaughter and May, London
- 2004 - 2006: Solicitor, Mallesons Stephen Jaques, Perth
- 2002 - 2004: Articled clerk and solicitor, national firm
- 2001: Bachelor of Laws and Bachelor of Arts - University of Western Australia
- 2001: Diploma in Modern Languages - University of Western Australia.
- Finance and Treasury Association
- Law Society of Western Australia.