Rebecca Finkelstein specialises in infrastructure and mining project development, corporate, project and acquisition financing, public private partnerships and privatisations.
Rebecca is recognised in the 2021 edition of Best Lawyers in the area of Project Finance and Development Practice, in the Asia Pacific Legal 500 as a "Next Generation Partner" and in the IFLR1000 as a "Notable Practitioner" in Banking and Finance, Project Finance and Real Estate Finance.
Significant recent transactions include:
- Advising the successful Transurban/AustralianSuper/CPPIB/ADIA consortium on their acquisition of a 51% interest in the WestConnex road network, and advising on the financing of the M4, M5 and M4-M5 Link projects
- Advising Queensland Airports on its financing arrangements
- Advising Infigen Energy on its financing arrangements
- Advising the successful Hastings Funds Management/China Merchants Group consortium on the privatisation of the Port of Newcastle
- Advising equity investors on a range of privatisation and PPP processes, including the NSW LPI, Endeavour Energy, SA Schools PPP
- Advising the Northern Territory Government on its Secure Facilities PPP project
- Advising the successful John Laing/Macquarie/John Holland/Serco consortium on the New Grafton Prison PPP
- Advising the successful EMR Capital/Golden Energy and Resources Limited consortium on the financing aspects of the acquisition of the Ravenswood Gold Mine in Queensland
- Advising Nickel Mines Ltd on its financing arrangements
- Advising GS Coal (a 50:50 joint venture between Sumitomo and Glencore) on the acquisition/project financing of its stake in the Clermont Coal Mine
- Advising various Taurus Funds Management funds in respect of a number of cross border and domestic mining project/acquisition financing transactions across commodities including across gold, nickel, coal and sand frac
- Acting for an offshore-based private equity group on its financing arrangements for 4+ gold mines or mining companies across Queensland and the Northern Territory.