Ros Anderson is a partner in the Mergers and Acquisitions team in our Sydney office. She advises a range of Australian and offshore clients on general corporate law and corporate transactions, including acquisitions and disposals, joint ventures, debt listings, capital raisings and corporate restructurings.
Prior to joining King & Wood Mallesons in July 2000, Ros was a UK corporate transaction lawyer and acted on a variety of major transactions. She is admitted as a solicitor in both New South Wales and England.
Ros' most recent experience includes acting for a range of listed and private corporates, particulary on private negotiated transactions and corporate restructuring. Ros regularly advises on general corporate law, including directors' duties and governance issues.
Show moreShow less
- KKR proposed acquisition of Dixon Hospitality group of restaurant and bar venues
- Consolidated Snacks Pty manufacturer of snack food products – acquisition by listed Philippines company Universal Robina Corporation
- Affinity Equity Partners – acquisition of TEG (formerly Nine Live) and its division Ticketek
- QIC – successful bid to acquire Iona Gas Storage group from Energy Australia
- Affinity Equity Partners – joint venture of the Virgin Velocity Frequent Flyer program
- Leighton Holdings - agreement to sell Nextgen Networks and other telecommunications assets, with a retained 30% stake in joint venture with Ontario Teachers'
- Spark Infrastructure Group - internalisation of management including acquisition of manager and responsible entity
- Citi Infrastructure Partners and co-investor - majority investment and acquisition of DP World Australia ports
- Merlin Entertainments Group - acquisition of Sydney Attractions Group
- Spark Infrastructure Group - capital raising and restructure
- Infigen Energy (Babcock & Brown Wind Partners) - internalisation of management from B&B, including acquisition and transitional separation requirements
- FlexiGroup Limited - acquisition of Certegy Australia
- Allco Finance Group - sale of Australian wind farm assets
- Time Inc - sale and licensing of magazine titles through competitive sale process
- FlexiGroup Limited - dual track IPO / trade sale disposal
- Infigen Energy (Babcock & Brown Wind Partners) - conditional placement of securities
- Sale of Leigh Mardon Group by SPV pursuant to shareholding agreement between syndicate of banks following debt for equity swap
- IPO of new stapled group Spark Infrastructure, listed on the ASX
- Stockland Corporation - acquisition of Lensworth Group from Foster's
- Law Society of NSW
- Law Society of England & Wales.
- 1990 - 1993: BA Law, Newnham College, Cambridge University (2.1)
- 1993 - 1994: College of Law Legal Practice Course, London (Distinction)
- 1994 - 1996: Trainee solicitor, Travers Smith Braithwaite, London
- 1996 - 2000: Solicitor, Corporate, Berwin Leighton, London
- 2000 - 2007: Solicitor and Senior Associate, Mallesons Stephen Jaques, Sydney
- 2008 - March 2012: Partner, Mallesons Stephen Jaques, Sydney
- March 2012 - present: King & Wood Mallesons, Sydney.