Our legal advice enables the cutting-edge of the life sciences industry to stay sharp
We provide everything from critical commercial advice to help with intellectual property protection. Our reputation in the Health & Pharmaceutical sector is built on a successful track record of advising some of the leading international industry participants on some of the sector’s largest and most challenging transactions, and on a range of legal and regulatory issues. Our team has a unique understanding of the sector, given our strong relationships with many of the key industry organisations. Many of our lawyers also hold science related qualifications enabling us to not only talk the talk but also to deliver to the commercial needs of our clients.
The insight, industry knowledge and experience in our team, coupled with the strength of our relationships with regulators is supported by a client service focus and the robust resources and intellectual depth of a top-tier international law firm. This ensures that we can provide the best support to you.
We’d love to talk through our capabilities with you further. For more information, please contact one of our Health & Pharmaceutical sector leaders.
Our legal services for the life science industry include:
- Corporate governance and structuring
- Trademark and patent contestability and protection
- Regulatory frameworks
- Health infrastructure development
- Public listings and finance
- Privacy matters
- Employee relations and safety
- Competition issues
- Dispute resolution.
Show moreShow less
Our experience assisting the life science industry with crucial aspects of law includes advising:
- The complainants in an investigation into abusive practices concerning Losec capsules, which led to the upholding of substantial fines against AstraZeneca by the Court of Justice of the European Union (CJEU)
- A generic pharmaceutical company in arbitration proceedings in a dispute about a UK Department of Health decision disallowing pharmaceutical companies that had ‘over-delivered’ cost savings to the NHS under the 2005 Pharmaceutical Price Regulation Scheme (PPRS) from recovering the amount of that over delivery
- Zentiva in defence of an infringement claim brought by Novartis in relation to patents covering Zometa (zoledronic acid)
- A major international pharmaceutical company on its multi-jurisdictional contractual dispute with a licensor of proprietary products, successfully resulting in a settlement and negotiation of new distribution terms
- On Pfizer’s US$68 billion acquisition of Wyeth (including its biotech capability)
- On Avexa’s merger with Progen
- On Telesso’s acquisition of UATC from Uniquest
- Biota on its US$231 million contract with a US Government authority
- Cardinal Health Corp on in its US$470 million acquisition of Zuellig Pharma China, a private company and the largest drug importer in China
- Fresenius Medical Care Asia Pacific Limited: to acquire a leading Chinese Pharmaceutical company.
"A top tier firm offering consistently high quality advice and incredible depth and breadth of expertise."
See our Life Sciences & Healthcare Update and Alert for the latest news and insights across the EU.