Martin Gliewe is a lawyer and certified specialist in employment law. He advises national and international companies on all matters of individual and collective labour law. Besides providing day-to-day advice on current employment-law problems, his work also focuses on all forms of deploying external staff, especially personnel leasing and the use of freelancers or interim managers, as well as restructuring plans. Martin represents and supports his clients in disputes involving employment law and social security law and in negotiations with trade unions and works councils, for example regarding collective wage agreements, reconciliation of interests and social compensation plans. He also advises on and supports in handling compliance risks under employment and social security law and supports his clients during official investigations and raids.
Martin regularly publishes articles on current and key issues regarding the use of external staff, especially on the phenomenon of bogus self-employment, and he is in demand as a speaker at seminars and lectures.
Prior to joining the King & Wood Mallesons network in 2021, he worked as a lawyer in the Employment & Pensions department of a major international law firm in Frankfurt.
Notable projects include acting for:
- Fosun on the strategic public takeover of Tom Tailor
- Hankook Tire on the acquisition of Reifen Müller Group
- Institutional Shareholder Services, Inc. on the acquisition of oekom research AG
- Fosun / Joint Venture Nanjing Nangang Iron & Steel United Co. Ltd. on the majority stake acquisition of automotive supplier Koller Group
- Shenyang Blue Silver Group on the majority stake acquisition of Dürr Ecoclean Group Leading US developer of security software on restructuring (including mass lay-off) of the German site
- International manufacturer of musical instruments on the merger of several companies and the restructuring of operations
- German regional bank on the merger with several local banks
- Asian manufacturer of truck trailers on closure of German production site Leading German supplier of package holidays on Contractor Compliance (repressive and preventive) and representation in administrative and judicial proceedings against the Statutory German Old Age Pension in mass litigation
- International car manufacturer on Internal Investigations, i.a., regarding Contractor Compliance
- European Aerospace Group on Contractor Compliance / temp-agency work
- Major German Media Group on Contractor Compliance (repressive and preventive) and representation in administrative and judicial proceedings against the Statutory German Old Age Pension
Martin advised on these projects prior to joining KWM.
- Co-Author of “Deployment of Externel Personnel in Germany”, Happ / Habbe, C.H. Beck 2021
- “Die Festhaltenserklärung des Leiharbeitnehmers als Compliance-Risiko” (w. Daniel Happ), CCZ 01/2018, 21
- „Arbeitnehmerüberlassungsgesetz – Reform 2017“ (w. Daniel Happ), Freelance.de, 31 March 2017
- „Institutioneller Rechtsmissbrauch durch Kettenbefristung im Schulbereich“, (w. Dr Jacek Kielkowski), jurisPR-ArbR 39/2015
- „Social Media im Arbeitsverhältnis – Gefahrenquelle Mitarbeiter“, Arbeit und Arbeitsrecht (AuA) 2012, 464
- „Dreiseitiger Aufhebungs- und Schuldübernahmevertrag zur Übertragung von Versorgungsanwartschaften“, Betriebsberater (BB) 2011, 1855.