Legal advice that keeps you at the front of the pack
From navigating and shaping regulatory change to developing innovative finance solutions for the most sophisticated transactions, King & Wood Mallesons' award-winning banking and finance team is at the forefront of this highly evolving market. With the best experts across China, Australia and Europe, you get a seamless service from our lawyers, wherever you are based.
Our Spanish banking and finance lawyers find solutions to the problems for which a standard response is not enough – solutions based on a thorough knowledge of the law and the markets in which you operate. We want to help you get further than your competitors, whether that is in infrastructure financing, in refinancing of companies in difficulties, in international acquisitions, or in funds.
The areas of banking and finance law we advise on include:
- Project finance
- Funds finance
- Acquisition finance, including public offerings and high yield
- Corporate loans
- Leveraged finance
- Term loan B structures
- Export credit agency (ECA) financing
- Securitisations, structured products and debt capital markets
- Junior capital
- Real estate financing
- Refinancing and debt restructuring
Show moreShow less
Our team in Spain advises financial institutions, investment funds and real estate companies as well as large companies in the technology, energy and infrastructure sectors. Clients who have benefited from our expertise include Caixabank, BBVA and Kutxabank, whom we advised on financing the expansion of the regasification plant at Bahía de Bizkaia Gas, S.L. (BBG) in Bilbao.
We also advised lenders in the financing and refinancing of projects like the Madrid Radial toll roads 3 and 5, the transport interchanges of Moncloa and Plaza Elíptica in Madrid, Sondureta Hospital in Mallorca and the Variante Sur Metropolitana in Bilbao (Interbiak).
Other highlights include advising:
- The European Investment Bank (EIB) and the Instituto de Crédito Oficial (ICO) on the refinancing of a pharmaceutical company
- Hispasat, S.A., in the financing of its communications satellites 1E, Amazon 3, AG-1 and Amazonas 4ª, with US Exlm Bank and COFACE securities
- Spanish companies on financing acquisitions of foreign companies
- A foreign investor on the refinancing of the debt of a Spanish first division football club.
"Joaquín Sales is extraordinary from a technical point of view, very senior but always directly involved and extremely pleasant to work with"