King & Wood Mallesons is delighted to announce that members of its Hong Kong office passed the first-ever 2021 GBA Legal Professional Examination held on 31 July 2021. Launched by the Bureau of Lawyers' Work of the Ministry of Justice, the GBA Legal Professional Examination presents significant opportunities for Hong Kong legal practitioners to provide legal advice in the Greater Bay Area (GBA).
KWM Hong Kong lawyers across various disciplines who passed the examination include:
- Candy Chan, Partner, Corporate & Securities
- John Baptist Chan, Partner, Corporate & Securities
- Ricky Lioe, Partner, Corporate & Securities
- Ashley Wong, Partner, Banking & Finance
- Ruth Lau, Partner, Corporate & Securities
- Matthew Yim, Counsel, Corporate & Securities
- Candy Tse, Senior Associate, Corporate & Securities
- Albert Wong, Senior Associate, Corporate & Securities
- Connie Wong, Senior Associate, Corporate & Securities
- Francois Tung, Senior Associate, Dispute Resolution
- William Lam, Associate, Corporate & Securities
- Vicky Cheung, Professional Support Lawyer, Corporate & Securities
Upon passing the examination and obtaining the practising certificate (Greater Bay Area), Hong Kong legal practitioners will be able to practice law in specified civil and commercial matters in the nine cities of the GBA. The scope of practising in the GBA will be equivalent to Hong Kong and Macau residents who have obtained the National Uniform Legal Profession Qualification Examination and Mainland lawyer practicing certificate and eligible in handling civil matters by the Courts of the Mainland.
The KWM International Center leverages the firm’s Shenzhen, Guangzhou, Sanya, Haikou and Hong Kong offices to provide an integrated service for clients across the GBA as they explore opportunities in the region.
Any reference to “Hong Kong” or “Hong Kong SAR” shall be construed as a reference to “Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China”.