The best of local and global expertise
King & Wood Mallesons’ corporate law team in Italy combines extensive local knowledge and technical skill with the highest standards of international practice. We specialise in local and cross border mergers and acquisitions (M&A) – both public and private. And we also have substantial private equity and acquisition finance experience.
We advise Italian and non-Italian companies, investment banks, private equity houses, shareholder groups, boards of directors and individuals on a wide range of domestic and cross-border transactions – including:
- Company structures, business holdings and branches
- Strategic alliances and joint venture agreements
- Shareholder and investment agreements
- Purchase and sale of companies, assets, businesses and divisions
- Company restructuring, mergers, spin-offs, segregation, dissolution and winding-up
- Private equity and venture capital investments
- Secondary market acquisitions, direct investments and fund participations
- Leveraged buyouts
- Public-to-private transactions
- Company incorporation and governance protocols
- Bankruptcy and other insolvency procedures.
We also assist clients in the drafting and negotiation of a wide range of commercial contracts. In particular, we have extensive experience in assisting operators in the telecommunications, media and technology industry, fashion and luxury goods and consumer and retail industry in all their day to day commercial transactions and operations.
Highlights of our work in this area include advising:
- HIG Capital in its majority investment in DGS, an Italian ICT Group, as well as in Metalprint, an Italian leader in copper forging;
- PHSE, one of the Italian leaders in pharma logistics, in its acquisition of Tek Freight, a UK company active in the same field;
- a Chinese consortium in acquiring Lisapharma, an Italian pharmaceutical company;
- Xenon Private Equity in its investment in Koverlux, an Italian leader in surface finishing for the fashion and accessories business;
- Capital Dynamics as co-investor alongside Clessidra SGR in the acquisition of a majority stake in Casa Vinicola Botter S.p.A. one of the major exporter of Italian wine in the world;
- the Seller in the sale of the entire share capital of TecnoMatic S.r.l., an Italian company operating in the field of robots and automations, to AFT S.p.A - Arga, Fabes & Comec, a leading precision-machines manufacturer focused on mission-critical applications.
"Practice head Davide Proverbio gains praise from clients, who note that he is practical, knowledgeable and very commercial. He is more than just a legal adviser; he knows how to handle negotiations and difficult situations."