King & Wood Mallesons (KWM) is proud to complete their partner appointments globally with the promotion of nine lawyers in Australia and three lawyers in Hong Kong, effective 1 July 2019.
The announcements are in addition to the recent promotion of 28 new partners across the firm’s China offices and two partners in the EUME region.
The 41 promotions are testament to KWM’s commitment in building a top tier international law firm in Asia.
The increased bench strength of partners throughout the Asia Pacific reflects the demands and opportunities for clients in the region, in particular the progression of the Greater Bay Area, and the Belt and Road Initiative.
Commenting on the promotion, Global Chairman Wang Junfeng said:
“It is our people who make KWM. We look closely to the development of our people, especially for the young generation. The newly promoted partners reflect the firm’s strategy and desire to invest heavily in our people, globally.
Further, commenting on the promotions, Global Chief Executive Partner, Sue Kench, said:
“Our significant number of promotions demonstrates our commitment in building a top tier international law firm in Asia. The opportunities for growth such as presented by the Greater Bay Area, are unprecedented, and we will continue to support our clients as they do business across this economic precinct as well as throughout the Asian region.”
Across Australia the new partners are:
- Banking & Finance: Will Stawell, Tim Ma
- Dispute Resolution: Suzy Madar, Edwina Kwan
- Mergers & Acquisitions: Bryony Evans, Rob Kelly, Simon Cooke
- Projects & Real Estate: Scott Watson, Steve Swan
In China Hong Kong SAR the new partners are:
- Banking & Finance: Angus Sip
- Banking & Finance: Jessica Zhou
- Dispute Resolution: Crystal Luk
Recently promoted Chinese partners are:
- Compliance: Zhang Ruohan, Philip Liu, Li Xin
- Corporate: Ye Yuxing, Zhang Hanyu, Peng Fu, Han Yun, Guo Huan, Yu Yi
- Dispute Resolution: Feng Hui, Lv Mengdan, Yang Ting, Qi Yuan, Zhang Mo
- Finance and Capital Market: Hu Jing, Huang Xiaoxue, Yu Leimin, Chen Fushen
- Intellectual Property: Niu Weiran, Zhang Yirui
- Securities: Guo Liang, Zhang Yanan, Zhang Qian, Yao Lei, Yang Ru, Nicole Ye, Sun Zhiqin
The EUME partners are:
- Banking & Finance: Joe Su (London)
- International Funds: Ildefonso Alier (Madrid)