Amongst the best in the world, our M&A lawyers deliver transactions effectively
We offer some of the top legal minds in mergers and acquisitions (M&A) law. We combine technical skill with sectoral knowledge and a deep understanding of how to conduct transactions across borders and within local markets for listed targets and private treaty deals. For example, our experience acting for clients in China – whether multinationals investing in China, domestic companies receiving investments from their overseas peers, or Chinese companies looking to grow in other countries – is second-to-none.
We act on the landmark deals in the market but also on a smaller scale too. This means we have a broad client-base across all business sectors – including corporates, investors and entrepreneurs. We know that every transaction is different, so we work closely with you to build the right team for your deal – if necessary, including specialist lawyers from our full range of practice areas.
Our work includes:
- Public and private acquisitions and disposals
- Joint ventures, strategic alliances
- Spin-offs, tender offers and distressed M&A
- Deal structuring
- Due diligence
- Drafting and negotiating transactional documents
- Foreign direct investment
- Investment or divestment risk management
- Venture capital and start-ups
- Acquisition financing.
Show moreShow less
Examples of our work include advising:
- Weichai Power on its €738 million equity investment in KION Group. This was the largest-ever direct investment by a Chinese company in Germany
- Weichai Power on the subsequent exercise of its call options to increase its equity stake in KION Group to 30% of the total issued shares after KION Group listed on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange
- Daimler AG and Daimler Northeast Asia Ltd on its RMB 5.13 billion investment for a 12% stake in BAIC Motor Corporation by way of share subscription
- China Molybdenum Co, Ltd, a dual-listed Hong Kong and Shanghai resources company, on its US$820 million acquisition of Rio Tinto's 80% interest in the Northparkes underground copper mine in Australia
- Xstrata plc on its US$48.5 billion all-share merger with Glencore plc
- Westfield Group on the proposed US$10.8 billion merger of its Australia and New Zealand Business with Westfield Retail Trust
- Dongfeng Motor Co. Ltd on its US$1.9 billion acquisition with China Dongfeng Motor Industry of commercial vehicle and other businesses from Dongfeng Motor Co. Ltd
- Telstra on the US$2.4 billion sale of CSL New World Mobility to HKT
- Universal Music Group on the £1.2 billion acquisition of EMI’s recorded music division and subsequent £487 million disposal of the Parlophone Label Group and other assets
- Dexus and CPPIB on the takeover of the ASX-listed Commonwealth Office Trust for AUD 3.5 billion.
"Maintains its position as one of the go-to firms for Corporate and M&A transactions."