We ensure you comply with regulations, help you defend and pursue claims, and minimise your risk
Our lawyers advise the world’s leading brand owners, media organisations and advertising agencies. They benefit from our expertise in intellectual property (IP) law in marketing and advertising, contracts and agreements, trade practices, consumer protection, direct marketing, licensing, and promotions.
Advertising and marketing use an increasing number of communication channels and are highly regulated, complex and ever-changing. As companies focus on advertising and marketing as business differentiators, there has been a steady increase in regulatory restrictions and consumer complaints. These include complaints about advertising copy, branding, promotions, packaging and labelling, internet marketing and much more.
In this situation, you need expertise in marketing and advertising IP law on your side. Our law firm makes successful claims of misleading advertising against our clients’ competitors. We also ensure that the best creative work is backed by strong legal foundations. Our IP lawyers advise on national marketing and advertising campaigns across industry sectors, mobile content copyright, and the unique legal aspects of internet marketing and social media.
Our work highlights include acting for:
- Luxottica/OPSM on comparative advertising disputes with Specsavers
- Budget Eyewear in a landmark case establishing copyright in advertising copy
- Seven Network on removing fake websites for key presenters and celebrities from Facebook
- Wyeth Consumer Healthcare/Advil in successful Australian Self-Medication Industry challenges to comparative advertising for Nurofen Zavance
- EnergyAustralia, Infigen Energy and UGL re-branding
- Colgate-Palmolive on all aspects of its major launch of a new toothpaste, including: TGA registration, approval of advertising and Complaints Resolution Panel complaints.