Stewart Worthy has a broad corporate, M&A and private equity practice advising clients on acquisitions and disposals, joint ventures, investments, international securities offerings, strategic alliances, lending and other transactions.
Stewart’s clients include companies across a range of sectors, from automotive, sport, packaging, manufacturing, retail, leisure and hospitality, to clean technology, mining, and oil and gas.
Stewart has been recognized as a "notable practitioner " in IFLR 1000 and is recommended by The Legal 500 UK for his "technical expertise coupled with an easy-going personality" and for being "great to work with."
- Represented private equity firm, CapDesia Group, on its equity investment in Japanese fast food restaurant chain, Wasabi Sushi & Bento.
- Represented Iconex (a portfolio company of US private equity firm, Atlas Holdings LLC) on its recent bolt-on acquisitions.
- Represented sport-focused investment firm, GACP Sports, on its acquisition of Bordeaux Football Club.
- Represented US based private equity firm, Argand Partners, on its acquisition of Oase (a water gardens and pump business).
- Represented Yioula Glassworks’ in the €500m sale of its glass manufacturing operation in Greece, Serbia, Bulgaria and Romania.
- Represented Nigerian company, SEPLAT Petroleum Development Company Plc, in its first of a kind IPO on the London and Lagos stock exchanges.
- Represented a Ukrainian energy company in connection with its US$115 million acquisition of two power generation plants and power infrastructure assets in Ukraine from a major US energy company.
- Represented a Nigerian independent exploration and production company in several acquisitions of oil mining lease interests in the Niger Delta from various international oil companies, including Shell, Chevron, TOTAL and ENI.
- Represented an Australian listed insurance company in its acquisition of a UK online insurance company.
- Represented an offshore investment group in the sale of certain oil and gas assets located in Russia.
- Represented a major US outsourcing company on its acquisition of Remploy from the UK Government (Department for Work and Pensions).
- Represented US automotive parts manufacturer on its acquisition of certain UK and Canadian business and assets from Federal Mogul.
- Represented a German environmental solutions company on its acquisition of certain UK business and assets from DHL Supply Chain.
- Represented a major Russian mining and steel company in its US$800 million Eurobond issuance on the Irish Stock Exchange.
- Represented an African state ministry of finance in its multiple PXF facilities made available by Industrial and Commercial Bank of China.
- Represented a Nigerian independent exploration and production company in its reserved based loans made available by a syndicate of international and local banks.
Qualifications (only qualified jurisdictions of practice)
- Solicitor, England and Wales